Monday, 30 March 2015

Australis AC on Tour Contouring & Highlighting Kit

Australis, Australis AC On Tour Contouring and Highlighting Kit, Contouring, Highlighting, Face,Makeup,

Every now and then a beauty product is released that makes the entire blogging community go mad. The kind of newish Australis AC on Tour Contouring & Highlighting kit has done just that. Being that it's pretty much a cost effective, almost dupe for the Anastasia Beverley Hills contour palette, it has been extremely popular. It's practically been flying of the shelves.

The Australis AC on Tour kit has been out of stock for a fair amount of time, but lately Australis has released a bunch of new stock and so it's easier to grab. I purchased this when it was first released, but thought I would share my thoughts now that I've had a lot of time to play with it and perfect my style.

As for packaging, I was a bit disappointed at the fact it didn't contain a mirror inside. I know that a mirror isn't necessary or truly important, but it would have been perfect for travelling. Ahh well, a girl can't have everything. Aside from the mirror, the packaging is in the standard Australis black with pink lettering which is all fine by me. It does tend to get a little bit dirty, but black packaging will do that. (Anyone looked at their NARS products lately - eek!)

This kit contains six shades. Personally, I don't use all the shades. I like to use the first shade every now and then as a setting powder, as it does give my pale skin a nice finish. I adore using the banana shade around my eyes and on my chin to counteract dullness. I do occasionally use the shimmery highlighting shade, but I have a lot of other highlighters that I sometimes use as a substitute. As for the darker colours, I like to use the first darker shade around my nose as it's not too intense but not too dull. I like to use the final shade as more of a bronzer shade, with the middle shade as my regular contouring shade.

Swatches

As you can see, this is a fairly versatile little kit.

While not all shades are everyone's cup of tea, I like majority of them and have learnt to use them a lot better than when I first started. I find that the darker colours tend to be good pigmentation, so tread carefully when applying. I had trouble when I first started out with this palette with blending or with grabbing too much product, so just remember practice makes perfect. There are instructions on the back of the box to help you, as well as a lifetimes worth of tutorials online if you need help.

The Australis AC on Tour Contouring & Highlighting kit has become one of my staple makeup pieces, and I now use this every day. I used to think contouring was a bit of a chore, and was a bit time consuming but I find this makes it a bit easier. Whilst I still think cream contour is the absolute best way to get that Kim K look, this is a great substitute for every day use.

I would recommend this as a great kit to start out with before you head out there and spend the big bucks on high end brands. It's the perfect kit to start testing out and playing with contour techniques, without wasting expensive product.

Have you tried the Australis AC on Tour Contour & Highlighting kit yet? If so, what are your thoughts? If you haven't tried it yet, would you consider trying it?

1. I only just managed to buy this in a like 2 weeks ago, but i already love it, though i am still learning how to use it properly, i find a big fluffier brush is great with the first contour shade.
    I had to buy another one in the priceline sale, cos I think i was still in the mentality of this being a "hard to get" item even though there were like 4 different stands of them in store.
    Carmen | Paint Powder and Polish

2. I haven't tried it yet but by just looking at it I know the colours wont work for me :( Possibly the only shade that may work would be the cool toned grey brown. A great option for darker skin tones though :)

Becoming Becca

3. I saw so many of them in my visit to Priceline the other day. The only reason why I haven't purchased it is that I know won't use all of the shades. I just need a contour shade haha.

4. I loooove this kit! Haven't had time to play with it a lot, but so far I'm liking it. I actually like that it does t have a mirror inside - call me superstitious, but imagine if you drop it (it happened!) and the mirror broke? 😱

Xx

Ms Jelena's Blog

5. I tend to only use the middle contour shade. I love the yellow shade and I like to use the first matte shade along my brow bone. A really good little palette, it took me forever to find mine, Big W was where I finally managed to grab one.

6. I finally got one in the recent Priceline 40% off sale, but haven't really had a proper play yet. I feel like two of the contour shades may be too dark for me but hopefully not!

Di from Max The Unicorn

7. Jasmine Huston7 April 2015 at 17:27

I thought that as well but once I played around with it, things started to feel a bit better! Hopefully you end up loving it! xx

8. Jasmine Huston7 April 2015 at 17:28

I know what you mean, it's been missing for ages... I'm glad they've released more stock recently though. xx

9. Jasmine Huston7 April 2015 at 17:29

Ahhh that's kind of a good point in terms of the mirror haha I didn't think of it that way! I guess this palette also gets pretty messy too, so the mirror would be a mess all the time! xx

10. Jasmine Huston7 April 2015 at 17:29

Yeah that's fair enough. You might as well spend a bit extra and get yourself an awesome contouring shade! xx

11. Jasmine Huston7 April 2015 at 17:30

I've heard of a lot of pale girls say that. I'm super pale and found it really surprising that it worked for me! But it's obviously not gunna work for everyone anyway so oh well! Maybe they'll bring out a paler one sometime soon haha :) xx

12. Jasmine Huston7 April 2015 at 17:31

Hahaha I know what you mean, I was so tempted to buy another one when I saw they had restocked but decided against it! xx

Monday, 30 March 2015

Australis AC on Tour Contouring & Highlighting Kit

Swatches

As you can see, this is a fairly versatile little kit.

Carmen | Paint Powder and Polish