Friday, 1 May 2015

Priceline Beauty Bag 2015

Priceline Beauty Bag, Priceline, Free Beauty Bag, Bbloggers

It's that time of year again... it's time for the Free Priceline Beauty Bag! I always get really excited for the free beauty bag, not only is it a great incentive to buy up big, but all the brands included are on sale too!

This year was a little bit different. I'm used to receiving a huge bag with lots of goodies. This year, the bag was more of a cosmetic case (whilst still fairly large) not as large as they had been before.

PL1

This year's beauty bag is advertised as being valued at over $200 - based on recommended retail prices, of course. If you spend over $60 or more across the brands that are included, you'll receive all of the above for free. Let's take a look what I got inside my bag!

Priceline Beauty Bag, Priceline, Free Beauty Bag, Bbloggers

The very pretty bag. I actually adore this bag, it's very cute and it's not bad quality. The bow is very cute. This reminds me a lot of a Ted Baker bag - I'm sure I'm not the only one who has picked up on that, either.

PL4

All the goodies in this year's free Priceline Beauty Bag

Priceline Beauty Bag, Priceline, Free Beauty Bag, Bbloggers

There was more than enough nail products in this years bag. I've heard a lot of complaints about this. Honestly, I won't complain as I would have spent the $60 anyway, but I can definitely see where people are coming from. Six nail products in one bag is a tad overkill.
Glam Manicare Express 3 in 1 Nail Art Pen in Golden Girl

This is a cute addition. I've never seen these in store before, so it'll be interested to see how they go. I'm happy that I received gold, which is a colour I would use a lot.

Nail Rock Nail Caviar Manicure in Neptune

I feel like the caviar nail look is a bit dated now, and not something we see a lot. Nonetheless, the shade is very pretty.

Sally Hansen Triple Shine in Dream Sequins

I'm 99% sure I already own this shade, so I'll have to have a look through my collection to double check. This is a gorgeous shade though.

Natio Nail Colour in Wonder
I've never really been overly interested in Natio, so I own very few items from them. I'll be interested to try this one, as I've heard only good reviews.

L'Oreal Color Riche Nails in Black Diamond

I have a few L'Oreal polishes, but not this shade, so I'm pleased to receive this one. The shade is very pretty and oh so perfect for winter.

Essie Polish in Ballet Slippers
For some reason, I don't buy a lot of Essie shades, even though I love the formula. This is a really lovely shade, but a tad boring. I've heard a lot of people love this shade though so I will be interested in seeing how it goes.

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara
I have used this mascara before, so I'm a bit disappointed to receive a double. Of course, that's nobodies fault, but it would have been more interesting to receive a different mascara. In saying that, this is a good mascara and so I think a lot of people who try it will be pleasantly surprised.

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara
I was almost going to buy this one for myself until I realised it was included in the bag. I've always wanted to try the mascaras from this brand, as they look so luxe, so I'll be excited to try this one out.

Glam Eyes by Manicare Kylie Lashes

These lashes are very wow! They really seem to pop, so they are definitely not for day to day wear. I'm not sure where I will wear these, but I'm sure I'll figure it out!

Savvy by DB Clear Brow Gel
I rarely use brow products because I have bangs and you don't usually see them, but I like the idea of a clear brow gel to keep things in place.

Revlon by Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Vivacious
I actually already have this shade, so I'll more than likely pass this on to a friend, or maybe my sister. It's a great addition though as these are fairly pricey.

Models Prefer Glossy Lip Tint in Pink Frosting

I also own this, as I ended up buying the entire set at Christmas time. I'll pass this on to somebody else as well.

Nude by Nature Mineral Lip Gloss in Flirty

I haven't actually tried any of the lip glosses from Nude by Nature, so I'll be interested to see how it goes. It looks like it might be older stock, though, going by the packaging.

Eco Tools Eco Friendly Bath Sponge

I'm always in need of a loofah, so this is much appreciated. I like the Eco Tools loofahs as well, as they are very heavy duty and last for ages.

Innoxa Satin Sheen SPF 30+ in Buttermilk

This is a foundation. I think. Maybe. I'm not sure. I received this in the shade Buttermilk, which is the second lightest shade. I'm hoping that it will be light enough for me to wear. I haven't tried it yet, as it's sealed, so I'm really hesitant to try open it before I go into a store to swatch it.

L'oreal Base Magique sample

I think I have a million of these samples. I'm not complaining, because this is a good primer.

L'oreal True Match sample

A nice touch, but it is a sachet so not sure how much I'll get out of it.

Priceline Beauty Bag, Priceline, Free Beauty Bag, Bbloggers

And all the goodies I decided to buy to make up the $60 amount.
Sally Hansen 18K Gold Hardener

I've been wanting to buy this for ages, so I decided to grab it whilst it was on sale. I have a few gold top coats, but I really wanted to try this one.

L'oreal Infallible 24H Foundation

I have been seeing this foundation all over the internet, and I've been wanting to try it forever. This is a fairly expensive foundation though, so it was great to get it on sale.

L'Oreal Mega Volume Miss Manga in Tropical Violet

I have this in the blue and the black, so I decided to pick up the purple too. They're great to play around with for interesting makeup looks.

Model's Prefer CC Cream in Light

I actually picked this up for my sister, so I'll be passing this on to her right away. I did get a chance to try it in store though, and it seems really nice. Should have picked this up for myself too!

Overall, I wasn't unimpressed with this year's free goody bag. I think as the years go by, the excitement of the bags somewhat decreases, as we are seeing a lot of the same products as the years go by and the brands that are included seem to be dropping off.
I still liked everything I got, and there was nothing included that I won't use or dislike, so I'm happy with that.

Have you purchased this year's Priceline Beauty Bag? If so, what are your thoughts? Is there anything in the bag that you've tried and liked? Would you consider getting this bag this year?

Follow me: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, BlogLovin', YouTube

1. I love this gift due to it having heaps gif nail products haha. I would probably by more nail polishes to make up the $60 too lol

2. I agree that many of the previous beauty bags from Priceline have been much bigger and included a bit more larger items. The make up bag is very cute, I agree, it does definitely resemble a ted baker bag haha. I'm not sure if I would be interested in getting the bag however because I feel like the products in there are not quite what I look for in my make up products. But if I happen to go into Priceline and get up to the $60 mark, I would love to recieve the bag as a bonus !

3. I really wanna try the makeup bag. I am definitely disappointed by too many nail colors. Not sure why they didnt put any eyeliners this time. The makeup bag is super cute though :) and I am thinking on buying almost because of it ...

4. You'll love the Infallible if you're after something that stays!

5. This is so amazing! So many lovely products included in this bag! :D

6. I didn't know about know this hehe. The bag is so cute! Lots of products there I want to try out. :)

♥NY

Yours Truly, NY

7. The bag definitely is very Ted Baker "inspired". The products aren't too bad but nothing really calls out to me as overwhelming incentive to go and spend $60 on makeup I definitely do not need :p I do like the addition of Essie Ballet Slippers and the Revlon lip crayon, though I have way too many nail polishes and lip products as is. Totally agree as the years go on, the excitement of the beauty bag decreases, but it's still a good deal if you were planning on buying $60 worth of products anyway.

8. Dianne Childs2 May 2015 at 00:15

I'm hoping to pick it up this weekend! Hope I get some nice nail polish shades. I don't know if they vary them from bag to bag and it's pot luck what colour you get? Can't be the same colour in every bag can it?

Di from Max The Unicorn

9. You were fast! I don't use that many products and so always buy in bulk when they have 40% Off. :P I love nail polish by Natio, the formula's great!

10. Jasmine Huston2 May 2015 at 13:42

I haven't seen many people post on this one just yet, but from the ones I have seen, the shades have been different so must just be luck of the draw! xx

11. Jasmine Huston2 May 2015 at 13:43

I agree, I have way too much to justify spending $60 *just* for the bag, but it's a great deal if you're spending money anyway. I mean, it's a lot of products to give away for free, so I'm not complaining hehe xx

12. Jasmine Huston2 May 2015 at 13:43

Ohhhh make sure you check it out then! ;) xx

13. Jasmine Huston2 May 2015 at 13:44

It's got a lot of things in it, especially good if you haven't tried a lot of the products! xx

14. Jasmine Huston2 May 2015 at 13:44

Ohhh that's really good to hear :D

15. Jasmine Huston2 May 2015 at 13:44

The lack of eyeliners is so strange! The bag is so cute, I wish it was available to buy just as is! xx

16. Jasmine Huston2 May 2015 at 13:45

Yeah that's totally fair enough. That's why I won't give this a negative review, because you are getting this as a bonus - completely free - just from buying stuff you actually want! That's pretty good in my opinion. People who are buying stuff just to get the free bag and then feeling disappointed because it doesn't have a huge range of stuff.. well, what do they expect haha! xx

17. Jasmine Huston2 May 2015 at 13:46

Hahaha I was going to buy a heap of Sally Hansen but I had to tell myself no, because I was getting so many new nail polishes in the bag anyway hehe :P xx

18. To be honest, the only thing that I really want from the GWP is the bag itself! It looks heaps like Ted Baker. I decided to skip it though, none of the products inside are calling out to me, and I really don't need to buy any new stuff!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

19. Not too bad! But definitely seems smaller compared to previous beauty bags!

20. Oh even that bag looks so cute!!
    I remember when I got one of these perks it was a crappy small models prefer one haahh x

www.katinalindaa.com

21. Ooh this year's bag has a lot of things I would use! And I LOVE the makeup bag, it's so cute, much better than the massive tote bags before that I don't really use.

Sheri | Behind The Frames

22. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:46

I always gave the big totes away to my mum who would use them for work, so this is a nice change hehe! xx

23. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:46

Yup! The bag is absolutely adorable this year! xx

24. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:47

Yeah that's totally fair enough! I'm hoping they keep the skincare one big too because that's one of my favourites! xx

25. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:47

It really does! Not sure if it's just because the bag is smaller though! xx

26. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:47

Yes you do ;) xx

27. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:48

I agree, I would love to just buy the bag itself! That's fair enough, if you don't need or want anything new it's not really worth it! xx

28. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:48

Haha I went in on the day it started not realising so I just decided to grab it! I always seem to have no money when they do the 40% off sales haha! xx

29. The pink bag it's all contained in is cute! It looks a bit like a Ted Baker bag with the bow on it!

Thanks for linking up to the Monday Makeup Madness link up party again :)

30. Oh no... now I have to go to Priceline to get this just for that makeup bag! LOL :D Love that it looks like the Ted Baker!

Stephanie | Beauty Bucketeer

31. Not a bad free bag this year! A girl from work got this and she was over the moon (a new Priceline shopper haha). I remember that excitement!

Kate | themintedbeauty.com

32. This looks like a good make-up goody bag. I won't get this one though as the products don't really appeal to me enough. I already have lots of products I need to use up first too. I love the Priceline skincare bag, I get it every year, so I'm really hoping they don't make it smaller this year too.

Friday, 1 May 2015

Models Prefer Glossy Lip Tint in Pink Frosting

Nude by Nature Mineral Lip Gloss in Flirty

Eco Tools Eco Friendly Bath Sponge

Innoxa Satin Sheen SPF 30+ in Buttermilk

L'oreal Base Magique sample

L'oreal True Match sample

A nice touch, but it is a sachet so not sure how much I'll get out of it.

Priceline Beauty Bag, Priceline, Free Beauty Bag, Bbloggers

And all the goodies I decided to buy to make up the $60 amount.
Sally Hansen 18K Gold Hardener

L'oreal Infallible 24H Foundation

L'Oreal Mega Volume Miss Manga in Tropical Violet

Model's Prefer CC Cream in Light

Follow me: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, BlogLovin', YouTube

4. You'll love the Infallible if you're after something that stays!

5. This is so amazing! So many lovely products included in this bag! :D

14. Jasmine Huston2 May 2015 at 13:44

Ohhh that's really good to hear :D

15. Jasmine Huston2 May 2015 at 13:44

16. Jasmine Huston2 May 2015 at 13:45

17. Jasmine Huston2 May 2015 at 13:46

Tasha // shiwashiful.

19. Not too bad! But definitely seems smaller compared to previous beauty bags!

20. Oh even that bag looks so cute!!

www.katinalindaa.com

Sheri | Behind The Frames

22. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:46

23. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:46

Yup! The bag is absolutely adorable this year! xx

24. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:47

25. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:47

It really does! Not sure if it's just because the bag is smaller though! xx

26. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:47

Yes you do ;) xx

27. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:48

28. Jasmine Huston5 May 2015 at 19:48

Thanks for linking up to the Monday Makeup Madness link up party again :)

Stephanie | Beauty Bucketeer