Monday, 6 June 2016

Bloggers United AU Brisbane Event Recap

Bloggers United AU Brisbane Event Recap - Sweetaholic Beauty

For those of you who don't know, I'm actually the co-founder of an organisation called Bloggers United AU. Bloggers United AU was created with the idea of bringing bloggers and brands together, to help create a harmonious community in the blogging world here in Australia. Fellow co-founder Nikita and I held our very first Brisbane event on Sunday 29th of May; so I thought it only fit to share our special day with you all.

Bloggers United AU Brisbane Event Recap - Sweetaholic Beauty

I love this group shot we got. We had a lovely photographer, Peter Cabral, who caught this moment. I love his photography style and can't wait to see the other snaps he took of the day.

Bloggers United AU Brisbane Event Recap - Sweetaholic Beauty

Another great shot by Peter - myself, and co-founder Nikita with our stunning Brisbane team; Tahana and Zebby. We loved Tahana and Zebby and found them a dream to work with, and helped us implement a gorgeous marketplace setting. Our location was the perfect Fox Hotel on Melbourne St in South Brisbane; and was spacious and detailed with lots of ferns and pot plants.

Bloggers United AU Brisbane Event Recap - Sweetaholic Beauty

One of my favourite brands, Julisa Nails, was able to attend the event. They are a local Queensland brand and make the most gorgeous cruelty-free nail polish. The owner of the brand also brought the most amazing nail art with her from her business partner - next time I'm in Brisbane I'll definitely be getting some nail art done. I actually wrote a post about these gorgeous polishes here.

Bloggers United AU Brisbane Event Recap - Sweetaholic Beauty

We also had Beauty Next attending - they brought along their entire range of products, including Nyx Cosmetics, The Balm, Barry M and Sleek Cosmetics. It was great to be able to have a play with the products, and we also received a cheeky little package too which I'll show you in my haul post.

Bloggers United AU Brisbane Event Recap - Sweetaholic Beauty

Boe Beauty was also in attendance. I love Boe products; my local Big W store doesn't stock makeup at all so I'm always excited to be able to have a play with the products without having to travel to a store. They're newer releases are looking awesome!

Bloggers United AU Brisbane Event Recap - Sweetaholic Beauty

A first for Bloggers United AU was the attendance of Kiehl's Skincare. I've actually never tried anything from this brand before so it was great to have a look at the products and a chat with the rep who attended.

Bloggers United AU Brisbane Event Recap - Sweetaholic Beauty

I didn't want to spam you all with too many photos, so I decided to just put a bunch together. We had so many beautiful brands it was difficult to share every single one of them. Some of my favourites were Rosehip Plus, Natura Siberica, Enbacci, Nuxe, Bioderma, Weleda and Dr Hauschka.  We also had a few other brands - Social Stylings, Jexon Cosmetics, Create Your Cosmetics, Premium Spa and Le Rouge Cosmetics. They all had gorgeous set ups and presented their brands beautifully.

Bloggers United AU Brisbane Event Recap - Sweetaholic Beauty

We were also treated to an absolute delicious array of treats. We had a lot of vegan and vegetarian options as well. I have to say a lot of the dishes were that yummy, I couldn't stop eating them. So much for networking time! If you're ever in the neighbourhood, definitely pop in for some food from The Fox.

Bloggers United AU Brisbane Event Recap - Sweetaholic Beauty

I had such a great time on Sunday, I can't wait to do it again. I met a lot of bloggers that I have "known" for ages now, which was a lot of fun. It was great having a photographer popping around taking snaps of us all, and we all had a lot of fun with the Instagram card.

I'll be sharing my goody bag haul on the blog in a few days too; which to be honest is pretty amazing. I am always in awe at how generous some of the brands are.

Overall it was an amazing day. The day goes by far too quickly, as it always does, but I wouldn't change it for anything. A huge thank you to everyone involved!

Follow me: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, BlogLovin', YouTube

*Some of these photographs belong to Peter Cabral Photography.

1. Thank you for such an amazing and priceless experience Jasmine! :) I had a wonderful time and hope we can meet properly again in the future perhaps at another or the next event! :) It is so nice and I feel so lucky to belong to such a supportive, kind and talented community of fellow bloggers. <3 -CandyFairy. x

2. Oh my goodness, I'm so gutted that I missed this! I'm a Brisbane blogger and I'm on all the mailing lists but I think I was busy on the day this was on. I'll have to make sure I don't miss the next one! Looks like a wonderful time :)

elese | elesedowden.com

3. It was such a fabulous day, I had a ball as usual! Cannot wait for the next one ;)

Chantalle | www.ceceandgrace.blogspot.com.au

4. Great round up post of the event hun, Thanks to the girls for organising such a fab event! Can't wait for the next one.
    Sammy // bargainbaglady.com {♡}

5. Ingrid - fabulous and fun life7 June 2016 at 08:19

Wow! What another great Bloggers United Au event!

I published a blog post today about the Bloggers United Au 1st Birthday celebrations at Lush QVB! I included a mention of you and your blog - check it out! Thank you so much to you, Nikita and your team for everything you do to support bloggers in Australia! :)

6. Hey look its me!! hehe It was so lovely to finally meet you Jasmine!! Thank you for putting together an amazing event! I can't wait to go to more!!

Mel x || Loads of Lifestyle

7. Oh Jasmine you guys throw the best blogger events. Brissy event looked awesome!! I can't wait for BU to come back to Sydney :)

Lily not Louise

8. I had such an amazing time and it was so good finally seeing/meeting you in the flesh, Jasmine! I wish we had more time to chat to everyone hehe. Thank you and the rest of the team for organising such an awesome event!!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

9. Looks like another fabulous event by you and your team, congratulations! Looking forward to your return to Adelaide!

10. The blogger events are amazing! Cant wait for Perths. xx

11. I cannot wait for Perth's next event! I have been seeing so many great posts from this event and it is getting me so excited for a future event in Perth! Congrats on hosting such a successful event!

Kez | acaciasdreams.com

12. Great post Jasmine!!! Thank you so much for coming up on the day!!! You did such an amazing job with a lot of the behind the scenes work. I love your photos!!! It was so nice to finally meet you as well!!!

Sarah | Bows & Pleats

13. Jasmine Huston14 June 2016 at 16:36

Thanks Sarah! It was lovely to be there, our reps did so much hard work it wasn't funny! It was so nice to meet you as well, I only wish we had more time to chat haha! Next time xx

14. Jasmine Huston14 June 2016 at 16:36

Perth was so much fun last time, I can't wait to go back! Thanks lovely xx

15. Jasmine Huston14 June 2016 at 16:37

Thanks Renee! Perth was a blast last time so it'll be exciting to head back! xx

16. Jasmine Huston14 June 2016 at 16:37

Adelaide was so fab, I can't wait to go back haha. Thanks gorgeous xx

17. Jasmine Huston14 June 2016 at 16:38

It was so good meeting you - I only wish I had more time to actually chat haha. I'm so glad you had a great time though xx

18. Jasmine Huston14 June 2016 at 16:38

Naw thanks gorgeous! We can't wait to get back to Sydney! xx

19. Jasmine Huston14 June 2016 at 16:38

Haha it was lovely to meet you, I just wish we had more time to actually catch up haha. Glad you had a great time! xx

20. Jasmine Huston14 June 2016 at 16:39

Aw thank you gorgeous. I'll go have a read as I'm keen to see how our Lush parties went hehe xx

21. Jasmine Huston14 June 2016 at 16:39

So glad you had a great time lovely! ;) xx

22. Jasmine Huston14 June 2016 at 16:39

I'm so glad you had a great time! Next time we'll definitely have more of a chance to chat haha xx

23. It was a wonderful day - thanks to you and the gals for organising x

24. Jasmine Huston5 July 2016 at 22:19

Aw thank you Janet, I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! xx

Monday, 6 June 2016

Bloggers United AU Brisbane Event Recap

Follow me: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, BlogLovin', YouTube

*Some of these photographs belong to Peter Cabral Photography.

elese | elesedowden.com

Chantalle | www.ceceandgrace.blogspot.com.au

Sammy // bargainbaglady.com {♡}

5. Ingrid - fabulous and fun life7 June 2016 at 08:19

Wow! What another great Bloggers United Au event!

Mel x || Loads of Lifestyle