Wednesday, 29 June 2016

My Current Facial Scrubs

My Current Facial Scrubs - Sweetaholic Beauty

Since moving houses, my skin has been playing up a bit. This is probably due to moving a lot of furniture and getting covered in dust! I find that the best way to clear my skin is by giving it a good scrub. I've been using a few scrubs lately, so I thought I would share my current favourites.

My Current Facial Scrubs - Sweetaholic Beauty

I've been using three scrubs recently. Two of them actually double as masks, which makes them a tad more fun.

My Current Facial Scrubs - Sweetaholic Beauty

My favourite every day scrub is the St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub. I say this is an everyday scrub, but I only use it every other day to avoid over-exfoliating my skin. My favourite part about this scrub is the scent. It's so refreshing and sweet. I find that the scrub is also fairly soothing on the skin, without being too rough. I've actually just finished it off, much to my disappointment.

My Current Facial Scrubs - Sweetaholic Beauty

As a treat to my skin, I've been using the Formula 10.0.6 Three Times Sublime 3 in 1 Blackhead Wash + Scrub + Mask. Wow, that's a mouthful. I'll usually use this as a mask about once a week, and then as I'm washing off it doubles as a mask. The scent is nice on this one too, however fairly strong and it does linger. This particular scrub really helps my skin look and feel clearer, but can be a bit rough on the skin.

My Current Facial Scrubs - Sweetaholic Beauty

My new absolute favourite - the Lush Cosmetics Cup O' Coffee Face and Body Mask. The best part of this mask is that it smells amazing. Both my partner and I agree that this smells like a very sweet coffee, which makes it hard to not eat. This scrub also doubles as a mask, but it's incredibly moisturising. This has real coffee granules in it, which gives the perfect exfoliating experience. Afterwards, my skin feels soft and brand new.

St. Ives, Formula 10.0.6, Lush Cosmetics

As you can see, all three scrubs are fairly different in consistency. The St. Ives scrub is like a wash and is nice and smooth. The Formula 10.0.6 is more of a mask type and hardens on the skin if left for a few minutes. The Lush Cosmetics mask is nice and runny and is a dream to apply.

My skin has been loving these masks, and they have really helped in clearing my skin up. Plus they're also a lot of fun to use - particularly the mask versions.

Have you tried any of the above scrubs? If so, what are your thoughts?

1. I can see two on here that I'd like to try! Great rundown on what you're currently using!

2. These all sound really lovely and I haven't used any of them before. I really want to smell the pink lemon & mandarin orange one now!

Di from Max The Unicorn

3. How good is Cup O' Coffee! Have been using it since the Lush x BUA event and it's so good for morning starts!

PS your So? post inspired me . . . http://www.almostposh.com/2016/07/a-history-of-perfume.html

4. I need to try Cup O' Coffee! I always smell it in LUSH and put it down :'( The Pink Lemon & Madarin Orange one sounds delicious too!

Kate | themintedblog.com

5. Jasmine Huston5 July 2016 at 22:33

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6. Jasmine Huston5 July 2016 at 22:34

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7. Jasmine Huston5 July 2016 at 22:37

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8. Jasmine Huston5 July 2016 at 22:37

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10. I've read that there's an ongoing lawsuit against St. Ives, with customers saying that the exfoliating bits damaged their skin.
    Ela | www.stealingyoursunbeams.wordpress.com

Wednesday, 29 June 2016

My Current Facial Scrubs

St. Ives, Formula 10.0.6, Lush Cosmetics

Have you tried any of the above scrubs? If so, what are your thoughts?

Di from Max The Unicorn

Kate | themintedblog.com

5. Jasmine Huston5 July 2016 at 22:33

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6. Jasmine Huston5 July 2016 at 22:34

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7. Jasmine Huston5 July 2016 at 22:37

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8. Jasmine Huston5 July 2016 at 22:37

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Ela | www.stealingyoursunbeams.wordpress.com