Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Boe Professional Signature Lip Trio

Boe Professional Signature Lip Trio, Boe Professional, Boe Beauty, Big W, Lips, Lipstick, Lipgloss, Lip Liner,

A little while ago, my local Big W stopped stocking cosmetics. I might have died a little bit inside, because it made it so difficult to take advantage of the Big W cosmetic sales, as well as getting my hands on their in-store brand, Boe Cosmetics. (I have contacted the store and their reason is because there is too much theft. Uh huh.)

Last time I was shopping in the city, I decided to stop by Big W to check out their Boe Cosmetics range. I was delighted to find this very handy Boe Professional Signature Lip Trio. Of course I had to grab it. (At under $15 I wasn't saying no!)

As the name suggests, you get three signature lip products. In the store I checked out, there were three different shades available. I ended up with the Purely Natural shade selection - you can't go wrong with a good nude.

In this kit, you receive a matte lipstick, a lip gloss and a lip pencil.

I had mixed feelings about the shades when I opened them. I half expected them to be all the same shade, or at least extremely similar. I was taken aback to find they were fairly different. The lipstick and the lip pencil were similar, but the lip gloss was a different shade altogether. If you're looking for a matching set, this might not be the way to go. If you don't mind about matching, then this is a good opportunity to test their products!

I was really blown away by the size of that doe foot applicator on the lipgloss. How huge! Surprisingly it made applying the lipgloss pretty easy, although it would have been a bit touch if you were using a less natural shade and you wanted it to be perfect.

Swatches: Mousse, Majestic, Lip Pencil

The moment I swatched Mousse, which is the lipstick, I fell in love. This has become one of my favourite lipsticks, very quickly. The lip gloss, Majestic, is a beautiful true nude shade and very pigmented. The lip pencil, which is unfortunately unnamed, is very similar to Mousse and is very complimentary.

Swatches: Mousse, Majestic
, Lip Pencil, All Three

One thing I loved about Mousse is that, even though it looks fairly dark, it leaves a nice and even stain once it wears off with food and drink. The lip gloss looks fairly wet, but isn't sticky at all so it was very easy to wear. The lip pencil, like any pencils, can be a tad drying if you wear it alone without anything else. I personally didn't like all three together, as it looked too caked on.

I was really impressed with this little set. It's a great way to try out the different lip products they have available. Sadly, I don't think the lip pencil is available to buy outside of this pack, as I couldn't find it on their website.

Have you tried anything from Boe Professional before? If so, what are your thoughts?
Would you consider buying one of these Signature Lip Trios?

1. Mousse looks so so so nice! x

www.katinalindaa.com

2. I love the look of that lipstick! I've been disappointed by some of their products before, but I'd be happy to try again!

3. Very strange that your Big W got rid of cosmetics all together - I work at Big W and cosmetics are definitely the highest theft item but I don't think they'd ever get rid of them altogether!

I've been eyeing off these little sets, I really should pick one up and have a go!

Ash / thebeautycollection.com.au

4. That's so annoying that your Big W stopped stocking cosmetics, odd and annoying! I actually don't have a Big W near me, well it's like a 30 minute drive so I rarely pop in. These look lovely though! I'm loving those kind of deeper, mauvey nudes!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

5. I've never heard of this brand, the lipstick shade looks gorgeous x

www.ofbeautyandnothingness.co.uk

6. Wow so your Big W does not stock any makeup at all? Can't believe people stole so much makeup that they had to resort to this.

7. How annoying and frustrating that your local Big W doesn't stock makeup!

I love the Mousse shade of lipstick!

8. Jasmine Huston20 May 2015 at 17:32

It is super frustrating! But at least I was able to find this elsewhere hehe! This shade of lippie is definitely my favourite! xx

9. Jasmine Huston20 May 2015 at 17:32

It's insane and seems like a ridiculous solution to a problem that could have been fixed in another way! Sooo annoying!

10. Jasmine Huston20 May 2015 at 17:33

It's a brand only available from Big W! But it is a lovely colour! xx

11. Jasmine Huston20 May 2015 at 17:34

It's so frustrating, since it's like a 10 minute drive there but I don't drive so I only go there if I'm visiting my mum who lives in the area. The only other closest one is a 20 minute drive and impossible to get to if you don't drive haha.. when I complained to Big W they just told me to go to another store! So silly!

Me too! I love a deeper nude, I think it suits a larger range of skintones too and don't make you look half dead haha xx

12. Jasmine Huston20 May 2015 at 17:34

So frustrating! It seems like a really odd solution to the problem! They just told me to go to another store.. I feel like there must be more to it though! Very weird!

And yesss you would look amazing in Mousse! xx

13. Jasmine Huston20 May 2015 at 17:35

Oh really, that's not good :(
    I haven't tried a lot of their products before so it's probably a good thing I started out with the good ones! xx

14. Jasmine Huston20 May 2015 at 17:35

It's such a pretty shade, I can't stop wearing it! xx

Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Boe Professional Signature Lip Trio

In this kit, you receive a matte lipstick, a lip gloss and a lip pencil.

Swatches: Mousse, Majestic, Lip Pencil

Swatches: Mousse, Majestic
, Lip Pencil, All Three

Would you consider buying one of these Signature Lip Trios?

1. Mousse looks so so so nice! x

www.katinalindaa.com

Ash / thebeautycollection.com.au

Tasha // shiwashiful.

5. I've never heard of this brand, the lipstick shade looks gorgeous x

www.ofbeautyandnothingness.co.uk

7. How annoying and frustrating that your local Big W doesn't stock makeup!

I love the Mousse shade of lipstick!

8. Jasmine Huston20 May 2015 at 17:32