Monday, 27 July 2015

Calm Down: My Top 3 Calming Face Masks

Calm Down: My Top 3 Calming Face Masks - Sweetaholic Beauty

Usually, my skin is pretty well behaved. Occasionally, however, my skin likes to have a little tantrum and starts to break out. This is usually due to things like stress, not eating right or not removing my makeup correctly before bed time. Whenever my skin decides to misbehave, I have a few skincare saviors to help keep it in line. I thought I would share my top three calming face masks, all three of which really help to keep my skin calm and under control.

Calm Down: My Top 3 Calming Face Masks - Sweetaholic Beauty

The three masks I use are not necessarily designed to be calming, but I find they work as calming masks for me. This can obviously be different for everyone, so if you're planning on trying any of these masks, just remember everyone's skin is different.

Calm Down: My Top 3 Calming Face Masks - Sweetaholic Beauty

Lon Vitalite C4 Coconut Milk Hydrating & Nourishing Facial Mask

This is my favourite Lon Vitalite mask; I have an entire drawer full as I've stocked up. Because it's a sheet mask, I'm a little more hesitant to use this one as I only get one use and don't want to waste them, so I save this for when my skin is feeling particularly frustrated. This is nice and nourishing, and really helps hydrate my skin. You can read a full review of this mask here

Calm Down: My Top 3 Calming Face Masks - Sweetaholic Beauty

Formula 10.0.6 Keep Your Cool Breakout Calming Mask

This is a really unique gel mask. This one you apply to the skin and pat off any excess, and leave it overnight or wear it under makeup. I prefer to wear this overnight; when I wash my face in the morning my skin is feeling incredibly smooth and fresh. This contains peppermint and coconut which help to purify and nourish the skin. I sometimes also use this as a spot treatment and just apply to trouble areas.

Calm Down: My Top 3 Calming Face Masks - Sweetaholic Beauty

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Purifying Mask

This has been a favourite of mine recently, and I'm already on my second tube. This one contains green clay to help detoxify and sweet almond oil. It also contains chamomile and menthol to really help draw out impurities and calm your skin. Although it applies and sets like a clay mask, it's nice and creamy and keeps my skin hydrated.

Although my skin doesn't break out often, when it does, I just pull out one of these babies and I'm set.

All three are really easy to find here in Australia, with both the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula and the Formula 10.0.6 masks found in Priceline for under $10. Although you do need to buy the Lon Vitalite masks online, they are good value for money and are an Aussie made company so I'm always happy to support them.

Have you tried any of the above masks? If so, what are your thoughts? What's your favourite products to use when your skin starts breaking out?

1. Bottled Beauty27 July 2015 at 19:36

I love sheet masks. They feel so lovely and calming. The only thing that's annoying is that you need to lie down when you use them or they fall off.

2. This masks sound really good I only use a soap and glory one when I remember too
    blushinginlife.blogspot.co.uk

3. Oooh! Good Lonvitalite choice! I really like the Ole Henriksen one for when my skin needs a bit of soothing.

4. All three sounds so good, haven't tried any of these. Interested in the Lon Vitalite mask

5. I'm sooo bad at using masks. Any time my skin is acting funny, using the Clear Start treatments from Dermalogica helps.

xo Kat @ Katness

6. I literally just picked up a single use Keep Your Cool to try today. I absolutely love clay masks when my skin is being yuck, my favourite is the Baji Kakadu Plum mask and cloth/sheet masks for all the time :D

7. Jasmine Huston29 July 2015 at 17:28

Ohhh I haven't heard of that one but I'll need to give it a go, it sounds amazing! xx

8. Jasmine Huston29 July 2015 at 17:28

Ohh great idea, I might have to try that! xx

9. Jasmine Huston29 July 2015 at 17:28

Definitely give them a go - the Lon Vitalite one is so lovely! xx

10. Jasmine Huston29 July 2015 at 17:28

Haha thanks Leah, it's definitely my favourite! Ohh I haven't tried that one before - hmm thinking I might have to now xx

11. Jasmine Huston29 July 2015 at 17:29

Ohhh I haven't tried the Soap & Glory one, I wonder if it's available here in Aus. I'll have to do some shopping :D xx

12. Jasmine Huston29 July 2015 at 17:29

Argh yes, that's my one hatred of sheet masks! I usually use them when I lie in the bath but then I have to scratch my face and the bath water/bubbles get on my mask and it's a big mess haha! xx

13. I love Formula 10.0.6 face masks! They're so affordable and actually feel sooo nice :)

sayyip.blogspot.com.au

14. I keep meaning to try sheet masks, they look hilarious but obviously work wonders! My favourite product combo for aggravated skin is the Jurlique Calendula serum with a clay mask on top - I've been loving the Sukin supergreens mask recently.

Amy // thefoolishobsession.com