Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Hand Cream for Problem Skin*

Hand Cream for Problem Skin - Sweetaholic Beauty

Eczema is a skin condition that affects a large portion of the population in one way or another. For those who don't know, eczema causes itchiness, redness, sores and bleeding. It's pretty nasty stuff. Unfortunately for my partner, he gets intense eczema on his hands. We've tried a lot of things, including prescription medication provided by a dermatologist, and sadly very little has worked.

To keep his hands under control, he uses a variety of methods. One method includes using Egyptian Magic Cream with gloves while he sleeps. He finds this at least keeps it to a minimum. But due to lots of reasons (including forgetting to do it a lot of the time) his eczema is not cured. I wanted to share with you all his current rotation of hand products to use throughout the day that have helped him manage his eczema better.

Hand Cream for Problem Skin - Sweetaholic Beauty

At the moment he is using three different hand creams. All three have been known to be good for dermatitis and other skin conditions, so it's no surprise that they have been working well.

Bioderma Atoderm Intensive*
I was asked to try this out for my blog, but once I realised what it was used for, I passed it straight on to my partner. He's almost used up the entire tube already, which goes to show how much he's liked it. This is his been his go-to for a while now, as it's incredibly lightweight, absorbs well, and most importantly, keeps the itching at bay.

HP4

Caroline's Cream*

My partner also uses this one a daily basis whenever his hands are feeling incredibly dry. This one really helps to restore moisture and keeps his hands from cracking and bleeding due to dryness. While sadly it doesn't do a lot for the itching, it still helps with the dryness levels.

Weleda Skin Food

This one has become his favourite in the past couple of weeks, so I had to include it. This one takes a bit longer to actually absorb as it feels a bit oilier, but it's worth it in the end. This one actually keeps his hands feeling comfortable for longer, which means he's not applying creams as often - which is a huge plus.

Bioderma, Caroline's, Weleda

As you can see, the Bioderma is really lightweight; as is Caroline's. The Weleda is much thicker and, as you can see, oilier in texture. All creams are fairly non-scented, which is great if you are using these multiple times a day for dryness or eczema, as the last thing my partner wants is to smell like roses all day long.

Sadly, these creams may not cure your problem skin entirely, but they certainly may help. Everyone's skin is different, which is why some things will work and some won't. These products have proved successful for my partner, which is excellent considering dermatology-prescribed creams did nothing. If you have problem skin, definitely consult a doctor or dermatologist first - but if you're suffering from dry skin, or itchy skin these products may just help.

Have you suffered from ezcema before? If so, what's your story? Do you have any solutions that have worked for you? Have you tried the above products - if so, what are your thoughts?

Products marked with a * were provided for consideration.

1. I've heard that Bioderma is really great - never heard of the other brands before

Beauty Candy Loves

2. I've suffered from eczema on & off since childhood - it tends to come & go with me. Unfortunately it's not a curable condition, which is frustrating; but I have found that keeping yourself well moisturised + avoiding any triggers does help.

I've got a sample of Skin Food from the DJ's beauty tote bag, I did put a bit of it on my feet but found it wasn't all that great. I'll have to give it a proper go though before I make up my mind.

3. Eczema is so annoying! I get it sometimes and I know it's caused by food but I can never figure out what exact food is causing it! Very annoying and when I get it, nothing helps so I cut out a lot of things in my diet until it's under control. I only ever get it on two fingers though.. absolutely no where else on my body. It's really strange! I am glad these can help a little and they sound super hydrating too!! <3

Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

4. The Sunday Mode2 April 2016 at 18:23

I used to have mild eczema on my eyelids in high school (such an unfortunate place to get it!). Nothing seemed to work for me and then oddly enough basic sorbelene worked, it healed everything up and now it rarely comes back. I'm just glad my 'cure' was so darn cheap!

Nowadays I don't get eczema but I do get really really dry and cracked hands, I think I'll try out the Weleda hand cream :)

www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

5. Jasmine Huston6 April 2016 at 16:38

They're definitely worth checking out xx

6. Jasmine Huston6 April 2016 at 16:38

That's a shame, but I suppose not everything will work for everyone! xx

7. Jasmine Huston6 April 2016 at 16:38

It really is, it's so annoying. His is definitely worsened by stress which is so hard to avoid haha. Two fingers is soooo strange! xx

8. Jasmine Huston6 April 2016 at 16:40

Oh dear what a horribly annoying place to get it. I used to get it in my elbows and sorbelene worked a charm for me too. (Heck yeah thank goodness it's cheap haha)
    The Weleda one is my favourite to use myself when my hands get really dry too! xx

Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Hand Cream for Problem Skin*

Bioderma Atoderm Intensive*

HP4

Caroline's Cream*

Weleda Skin Food

Bioderma, Caroline's, Weleda

Products marked with a * were provided for consideration.

Beauty Candy Loves