Thursday, 28 April 2016

Mother's Day Gift Guide 2016

Mother's Day Gift Guide 2016 - Sweetaholic Beauty

Mother's Day is just around the corner. Mother's Day is all about celebrating your mum, your nanna or another special woman in your life. I'll be celebrating my mum, and my sister who has become a mum just two months ago.

I've put together a little guide - just a few different items that you could consider picking up mum. My mother is notoriously difficult to buy for. She doesn't particularly love makeup or cosmetics, she's not a huge jewellery person - she really just loves spending time with my sister and I, and so we usually opt for experiences. However most of the things I've included in this gift guide should cover the basics at least.

Mother's Day Gift Guide 2016 - Sweetaholic Beauty

Personal grooming is always a popular gift choice, as it's always needed and can often be expensive; thus a perfect big ticket item for that someone special. My personal favourite is hair care products - I've included three gorgeous products from Remington. My favourite hair dryer ever, the Remington Euro 800* is the perfect gift for mum as it has anti-static technology and dries hair in a flash. I also included the Remington Shine Revival Straightener.* My mum loves straightening her hair, so this is the perfect gift for her. This device also has Moroccan Argan Oil infused ceramic plates, and surprisingly can be used on damp hair. Winning!

My mum doesn't do much to her hair aside from straightening, but I've also included the Remington Perfect Curls 2 in 1* which has been a favourite of mine for some time. This is one of the easiest curling devices available, so perfect for those who are just getting started. But the perfect big ticket for mum this year is the Homedics Duo Pro*. This hair removal system is super easy to use and will save your mum many trips to the salon. It's also a lot easier to use than most IPL devices as it's so compact and fits right in your hand. It's also really cost effective at only $550 - those long term savings, though!

Mother's Day Gift Guide 2016 - Sweetaholic Beauty

Sometimes I make my mum a little hamper of bits and bobs, instead of a large gift, which is always well received. As my mum is not a huge makeup lover, I've included a few things I know that most women would still appreciate and love.

I love myself a good sheet mask, so I'll often gift some packs from Sephora, which are just too quick and easy. In the theme of pampering, I also included a Natura Siberica Oblepikha and Honey Body Scrub* which is a very soothing scrub and perfect for all skin types. Lush Cosmetics also have an entire Mother's Day range; including their beautiful Yummy Mummy Shower Cream* and their Ladybird Bubble Bar*. I also popped in their new Yoga Bomb Bath Bomb because it smells like sandalwood.

A few skincare goodies I also love - Kismet Jardin Hydra Gem*; a great serum which can also double as a primer and perfect for those with sensitive skin and the Enbacci Detoxifying Clay Mask that dries clear, which is perfect for a busy mum who doesn't have time to have her face covered in a mask, so a great addition to consider.

Another thing I'll be gifting mum is the absolutely stunning British Rose collection from The Body Shop. Two picks that would be perfect for mum are the Petal Soft Bath Foam* and the Body Butter.* Even though the rose scent is not everyone's first choice, it's actually very subtle and not as strong as I thought it would be.

Mother's Day Gift Guide 2016 - Sweetaholic Beauty

Fragrance is always a popular choice, and usually always appreciated. I know that the only perfumes my mum even owns have been gifted to her from my sister and I, which means every few years she always needs a new bottle of something. Fragrances can be difficult though, as everyone has different tastes, but there are a few gems out there that will usually satisfy anyone. My picks for mum this year are all light, fresh fragrances that aren't too intense and could be worn throughout the day, and for special occasions. My picks are Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Forever*, Calvin Klein CK2* and The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus Fragrance Mist.

Mother's Day Gift Guide 2016 - Sweetaholic Beauty

When all else fails - there's always alcohol and jewellery. Champagne or wine is always a good choice though, especially when you share a bottle together over dinner. Spending time together is the most important thing to my mum, but it's always nicer if we have something special to drink too. Jewellery is always appreciated, too. My mum isn't a big jewellery wearer, but my sister and I have gifted her some special pieces that she does wear, so as long as you make it personal and not just pick something random from a catalogue, it will be appreciated. I would recommend any of the pieces from Swarovski - my partner has purchased me lots of jewellery from Swarovski and I adore every piece.

Mother's Day is such a special day to give thanks to your mum. Whether you're celebrating with your mum or another special lady in your life; the best gift you can give is yourself - but even better if you can give her something fun, too!

Have you tried any of the above products? If so, what are your thoughts? What are you getting your mum for Mother's Day? How do you usually celebrate?

Products marked with a * were provided for consideration.

1. Love the photography of this.

Lots of my favourite brands in there.
    I love that yoga bath bomb - we tried it for the first time the other day and it was absolutely amazing!!

2. Great picks! I love your choice of fragrance & jewellery a lot!

www.luv4beautyblog.com

3. Have to say your photography is amazing! I've wanted that grey rug for ages but whenever i go to purchase the kmart one its out of stock haha. And my mum is a bit tricky to buy for too, she only uses organic products and is a bit more 'eccentric' haha so this year I bought a vase which I'll fill with flowers, not sure what else to get though!

4. I find that as we all get older, we tend to not really think of things we want as present. I'm finding it's the case now with myself and family. They are all like "I don't really need anything" lol. SO hard to buy for but spending time out with them is always cherished and a nice thing to do. We bought this super soft dressing gown from Sussan for MIL, omg I could sleep on it, it's that soft!

xo Kat @ Katness

5. What a cute little gift guide! I already have my mother, and mother-in-law sorted but I loved seeing your ideas. Especially the little luxuries there are some great ideas in there! Well done x

Sarah | Bows & Pleats

6. Jasmine Huston4 May 2016 at 12:37

Thanks gorgeous! I find mum to be the worst to buy for.. and I don't even wanna talk about how hard my MIL is to buy for hahaha xx

7. Jasmine Huston4 May 2016 at 12:37

I totally agree, which is why I think my mum really likes just spending time with us as that's far more precious. Although that dressing gown sounds amazing ;) xx

8. Jasmine Huston4 May 2016 at 12:38

Thanks so much!! Organic products makes things even harder haha, hopefully you find something xx

9. Jasmine Huston4 May 2016 at 12:38

Thanks so much lovely xx

10. Jasmine Huston4 May 2016 at 12:38

Aw thanks gorgeous. I haven't tried it yet but when I saw it in store I knew it had to be mine ;) xx

Thursday, 28 April 2016

Mother's Day Gift Guide 2016

Mother's Day Gift Guide 2016 - Sweetaholic Beauty

Mother's Day Gift Guide 2016 - Sweetaholic Beauty

Mother's Day Gift Guide 2016 - Sweetaholic Beauty

Mother's Day Gift Guide 2016 - Sweetaholic Beauty

Mother's Day Gift Guide 2016 - Sweetaholic Beauty

Products marked with a * were provided for consideration.

1. Love the photography of this.

Lots of my favourite brands in there.

2. Great picks! I love your choice of fragrance & jewellery a lot!

www.luv4beautyblog.com